Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Taking Flight!

Hello Creative Friends!

Last October, my friend Nikki gave me the book Taking Flight by Kelly Rae Roberts. She also bought a copy for herself, and we decided to do the projects in the book together (that way we could encourage and motivate each other as we go through the book!). Since it's now February, we decided that it would be a good time to get started (better late than never!!).

So last night, Nikki and I got together to start working on the first project, a "Whispers Art Journal". It involves a bit of painting on fabric, some collage on old book covers, with some painting and drawing. Between the two of us, we have all of the supplies we need to finish this first project!! We're off to a good start!

Both of us were happy with the collage on our book covers...but there's still painting and drawing to do. I'll be taking photos of my project along the way to document the process (and, as I told Nikki, in case I liked the cover better before I add the paint to it!). So here's where my Whispers Art Journal is right now...



Obviously, I'm in some sort of "word phase" of my creative life right now - I wonder what that will be leading me to! Nikki and I are planning to get together on Monday nights to work on these, so I'll keep you up to date on our progress! Let me know if you've completed any of the projects from Taking Flight. I'd love to see your finished pieces!!

Happy Creating! See you next time!

No comments: