Monday, September 3, 2012

Sixth Week of Eastertide


May 13, 2012
Sixth Week of Eastertide
Jesus and Peter

John 21:15-20
“Feed My Sheep”

Jesus, you ask me three times if I love you! Of course I love you! Why do you keep asking me? What on earth do you mean by feeding your sheep?

Wait a minute...if I listen carefully...I do see that I could do more to show you how much I love you. I really do love you, you know. There aren't any sheep running around my neighborhood, but there are a lot of hungry and hurting people around me. Help me to use the gifts that you've given me to make your world a better place for them and for me. If I pay attention to the gifts you've given me, I know I can figure out a way to feed those sheep of yours!

Prayer of Intercession...
There are so many "sheep" in your world that need tending...hurting and hungry, lost and lonely. Today, God, I lift those people up to you in my prayers and ask you to wrap your loving arms around them. God, I also ask that you help me to be more aware of the gifts you've given me that I can use to make our world, your world a better place...to bring a little bit of heaven to our earth.

Christ has no body on earth but yours, No hands but yours, no feet but yours. Yours are the eyes through which Christ's compassion is to look out to the earth. Yours are the feet with which He is to go about doing good, and yours are the hands with which He is to bless us now.   Saint Teresa of Avila

No comments: