Monday, September 3, 2012

Fifth Week of Eastertide


 
May 6, 2012
Fifth Week of Eastertide
Jesus Appears at the Seashore

John 21:1-14
“Come and Be Fed"

What an amazing God you truly are! You fill those nets so full of fish that they can't be hauled back into the boat! When you call out, "Come and be fed" you really mean it! There are times when I throw out my net, over and over again, and it keeps coming back empty. How I long for my net to be filled to overflowing with your abundance! How I long to hear you call out to me, "Come and be fed!"

Is my net full, but not with what I am expecting? Are you calling out and I just don't hear you? I admit that sometimes it's difficult for me to hear your voice...when the distractions of my hectic life are so loud that they drown out your loving call. Open my ears so I can hear your voice...the voice of the one who loves me more than anyone else. Is Jesus calling out to you, offering you words of encouragement, inviting you to be fed? Listen...

Prayer for Guidance...
Guide me, O God of abundance, during the times when nothing seems to be going right...when nothing is working no matter how hard I try...when I throw out my net, and it keeps coming back empty. Help me to remember today that you are here for me, ready to fill my empty net and provide me with nourishment through my difficult days.

Until now you have asked nothing in my name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full. John 16:24

No comments: