Saturday, February 14, 2009

What Do YOU Love?



Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!

I wasn't in much of a romantic mood today, so I decided to focus on what brings me joy in life...what do I love? I started a list of my favorite things, and it turned in to this art journal spread.



(The cute little fellow with the smile is my imitation of a character from The Snowy Day written by Anna Milbourne and illustrated by Elena Temporin. Elena is one of my favorite illustrators, and I decided to practice by drawing skills by drawing one of her adorable peopl. She has a beautiful clean style that I really enjoy!)

Anyway...I hope all of you found some joy today - either with someone special in your life, or on your own. And if today ended up being not quite what you were hoping for, you can always turn things around tomorrow. Look for the things that bring you joy, and do something that makes you smile. Don't wait for someone else to make you happy when it's in your own hands. Relationships with others can come and go...but you'll be with yourself every day for the rest of your life. So go and create a life of joy!

No comments: